Expert retained and contingent
Salary: £40-50,000 p.a.
We are seeking an experienced Payroll Manager to work with a fast growing Bristol based international organisation at a period of great change and development. Following a number of acquisitions over the past 18 months, you will be providing a payroll service to over 1,100 staff and pension clients. Ideally you will be able to provide strong direction and leadership skills in shaping policy and processes and leading change.
You will be responsible for the yearly process schedules in line with UK Government tax regulations and HMRC, as well as overseas tax regulations for the 2 overseas offices and payroll for the 4 UK offices. You will also be responsible for the production of P11D’s and working collaboratively on monthly pension and workplace benefit processing. There is the opportunity for this role to progress and develop into a wider Shared Services Manager role within the HR and reward functions.
This is a varied and complex role which would suit someone with the following skills:
- Significant experience as a Payroll Manager.
- Substantial previous experience of SAGE.
- Good working knowledge and experience of HMRC and tax regulations.
- CIPP Level 3+ qualified or Qualified IAB Level 2 Awardin Computerised Payroll (desirable).
- Preferably degree educated as this role will be working in a high intellect environment.
- Knowledge of overseas regulations (desirable).
- Previous experience of working in financial or professional services would be ideal but not essential.
- Experienced in providing a payroll service to pension clients.
- Be able to provide evidence of adding value and driving forward change in what can be seen as a complex and regulated environment.
- Able to identify areas for improvement and creative enough to design effective solutions.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to build strong relationships.
- Evidence of proving a superb customer service.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100