Expert retained and contingent
Location: Yate, North Bristol
Salary: £40-45,000 p.a. + benefits
This is a newly created HR Manager role for our Yate based client who is looking for their first person in HR. The role is created due a change in structure and a wish to develop and grow the business. As their first dedicated HR colleague there will be huge scope to add value and make a difference in a business with at the moment just under 50 staff.
You’ll be an innovative individual with a passion for recruitment who can create a superb employer brand to attract, recruit and retain the very best talent and then manage and nurture those talented employees’ HR needs. This role is very much about giving people the HR and learning tools to be the best they can be.
The role will have a recruitment and development focus rather than an employee relations focus, although a strong understanding of employment law will be necessary for day to day ER issues. Candidates with a passion for talent acquisition and development especially in a sales environment would be ideal.
In addition, as the only person (initially) in HR you will need to be able to not only design, develop and implement an inspiring people strategy for a high intellect, technical and sales focused workforce but also be happy to roll up your sleeves and get on with the more operational aspects of HR.
- Significant experience in all aspects of HR including: employee relations, employment law, recruitment, coaching & L&D and reward preferably within a fast moving, small, private sector organisation.
- HR function start up experience would be ideal but not a pre-requisite.
- Passionate about creating a positive employee experience that people want to join and stay with the organisation.
- Supportive, motivating, enthusiastic, with a strong desire to help people be the very best they can be.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of attracting and proactively recruiting highly sought after talent, especially sales staff.
- Confident in your understanding of current employment law.
- Preferably degree educated and CIPD qualified or equivalent.
- A creative thinker who is solutions-focused and a self-starter
- Credible, able to influence, coach and develop people at all levels.
- Positive, high energy and inspiring so that people are engaged into new ways of working.
This would suit a commercially astute, warm HR Manager who wants to make a difference within a small organisation with a passion for inspiring, encouraging and creating innovative change.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100