Expert retained and contingent
Location: South Somerset
Salary: £45-50,000 p.a. + benefits
Interim HR Manager – South Somerset
We are currently seeking a proactive Interim HR Manager to cover a one year maternity leave starting in June based in South Somerset. It would suit someone who is looking to add value and make their mark on an organisation. Our manufacturing client with c. 230 employees on this site has embarked on a period of HR change and growth since their HR Manager started 2 years ago. In order to continue to support those changes they need a competent private sector HR Manager to work closely with the senior management team in driving forward positive adding value HR initiatives. This is in conjunction with being able to just roll up your sleeves and get on with all operational HR issues in a very lean HR environment.
Reporting to a remote based HRD, this is a broad generalist role encompassing the following: driving forward HR strategy which best supports organisational goals; coaching the SMT and improving leadership capability; employee relations; recruitment and some really interesting adding value projects. One of those projects will be to undertake a comprehensive TNA of all managers and develop a suite of workshops to address knowledge gaps.
You will partner line managers on HR issues and people management processes, developing and delivering training initiatives that support the business growth. This will require a strong focus on coaching and developing managers to drive their effectiveness, supporting on any ER issues and recruitment, implementing engagement strategies and action plans and providing solutions to people issues.
- Degree and/or minimum CIPD level 5 qualified with significant experience in all aspects of HR including: employee relations, employment law, recruitment, coaching & L&D and reward preferably within a fast moving, small, private sector organisation. Manufacturing experience would be ideal.
- A passion for and evidence of having designed and implemented adding value management development initiatives.
- Able to create a positive employee experience so that people want to join and stay with the organisation.
- Supportive, motivating, enthusiastic, with a strong desire to help people be the very best they can be.
- Confident in your understanding of current employment law.
- A creative thinker who is solutions-focused and a self-starter
- Credible, able to influence, coach and develop people at all levels.
- Positive, high energy and inspiring so that people are engaged into new ways of working.
- Strong business acumen and able to evidence how effective HR initiatives add value to the bottom line.
This would suit a commercially astute, warm HR Manager who wants to make a difference and with a passion for inspiring, encouraging and creating innovative change.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100