Expert retained and contingent
Salary: £52,000 - £62,000 p.a.
INTERIM HEAD OF PEOPLE POLICY
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Interim Head of People Policy with a background in HR policy development and HR process improvement to work with a reputable Bristol organisation initially for a 6 month fixed term contract. There will potentially be the opportunity for the role to go permanent in the future, with the initial 6 month contract being more operational, whereas the permanent role will be more strategic and innovative.
Initial Role overview
- Write HR guidance and policies for short term needs – i.e. in relation to C19 issues.
- Benchmark and modernise terms and conditions, remuneration and benefits in line with the stated strategic objectives.
- Create and develop an overall framework for developing innovative policies, utilising expertise from across the wider HR team to support that activity.
- Assess current and future policy requirements to support strategic aims in conjunction with the HR leadership team.
- Engage with TU colleagues to carry out effective consultation on policy development.
- Manage and develop the People Policy and Reward team of 3.
- Experienced in leading policy development in a large organisation as part of an overall strategic HR agenda.
- Excellent people management skills with a background in developing and motivating a team of HR Reward and HR systems people within a regulated environment preferably with both public and private sector experience.
- Experienced in process development and implementation.
- In depth Employment Law knowledge
- Excellent analytical, numerical and IT Skills, able to analyse, interpret statistical data.
- CIPD and degree qualified
- Excellent knowledge of pay structures and models of reward.
- Organised, able to multi-task and juggle conflicting priorities.
- Articulate with excellent communication skills – credible in a high intellect and highly educated environment.
- Demonstrable ability to switch between working in low level detail and presenting high level strategic position
- High levels of energy, enthusiasm and flexibility
Your ability to build good relationships, influence and challenge will be vital to your success in this ever changing environment. In return this role will offer the opportunity to add value in an inspiring and innovative environment within an HR team which is driving forward new ways of working and creative HR practices.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100