Expert retained and contingent
Location: Yeovil, South Somerset
Salary: £40-45,000 p.a.
Type: Part-Time Permanent
Learning & Development Manager
We are looking for a proactive Learning & Development Manager for a dynamic organisation based in South Somerset to work flexibly 3 or 4 days a week. (i.e.1 or 2 days office, 2 days remote). The company has grown significantly over the past few years and this is a newly created role to set up and develop an L&D function from scratch to support the current c. 300 employees.
Working within this fast paced business the role needs someone who can develop and grow as an individual as the company expands and develops. You will be creating an L&D strategy which best supports their ambitious plans for growth across both the UK and Europe.
Working in a stand-alone capacity in terms of L&D, you will be both developing L&D strategy and also happy to roll up your sleeves and get on with operational training delivery.
You will need the creativity to design and deliver internal training as there won’t be a huge L&D budget and will suit someone who understands how to make the best use of the apprenticeship levy. This role will be working closely with the high energy and highly engaging Head of People who is passionate about giving people the tools to be the best they can be.
This role will be about building an effective L&D strategy, interventions and programs from on-boarding through to skill enhancement, career development, leadership development and continual in-role evolution.
- Extensive Learning & Development experience both designing L&D strategy and delivering training in a fast paced, down to earth, non-corporate environment.
- Preferably have L&D experience in a high growth SME.
- Experience of setting up L&D initiatives from scratch would be ideal.
- Equivalent to Level 5 (minimum) L&D Qualifications
- Time as an L&D Business Partner/ Manager, where learning has covered a wide range of topics from improving leadership capability, to coaching, to technical training and on-boarding to behavioural training, apprenticeships, internships and cultural delivery.
- Experienced in making best use of the apprenticeship levy.
- Commercially astute, able to evidence how L&D initiatives have added value.
- A strong and engaging communicator with the ability to influence at all levels and gain engagement to new ways of working.
You’d be working with a fun and positive HR team who like to achieve and make a difference. This is a blank sheet in terms of L&D with a lot of opportunity to add value and really make it your own in this successful growing SME.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100