Expert retained and contingent
Location: Yeovil, South Somerset
Salary: £30-32,000 p.a.
Learning & Development Partner
We are looking for a proactive Learning & Development Partner for an ambitious SME organisation based in South Somerset. This may suit someone with superb communication skills, who has a passion for learning and development and who has worked providing innovative L&D initiatives as part of their role, but would like to undertake a ‘pure L&D’ position.
The company has grown significantly over the past few years and this is a newly created role to work closely with the inspiring Head of HR to set up and develop an adding value L&D function to support the current c. 300 employees.
Working within this fast paced supply chain business the role needs someone who can develop and grow as an individual as the company expands and develops.With the Head of HR, you will be creating and delivering an L&D service which best supports their ambitious plans for growth across the business.The highly engaging Head of People is passionate about giving people the tools to be the best they can be.
As this is a small organisation it will need someone who is comfortable in both developing L&D strategy and also happy rolling up your sleeves and get on with operational training delivery. You will need the creativity to design and deliver internal training as there won’t be a huge L&D budget and will suit someone who can make the best use of the apprenticeship levy.
This role will be about building an effective L&D service, including on-boarding through to skill enhancement, career development, leadership development and continual in-role evolution.
- A passion for and some experience of both designing and delivering Learning & Development initiatives in a fast paced, down to earth, non-corporate environment.
- Preferably have some development experience in a high growth SME.
- You may be an operational manager or say HR Advisor with a passion for and some experience of L&D but what will be paramount is your ability to gain engagement to new ways of working at all levels, from the warehouse staff to managers.
- Have an understanding of how to make the best use of the apprenticeship levy.
- Commercially astute, able to evidence training initiatives that you’ve rolled out have added value.
- A strong and engaging communicator with the credibility to influence at all levels.
You’d be working with a fun, and positive HR team who like to achieve and make a difference. This is a blank sheet in terms of L&D with a lot of opportunity to add value in this role and really make it your own in this successful growing SME.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100