Expert retained and contingent
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Salary: c. £60,000 p.a.
Type: Interim Maternity Cover
Interim HR Manager
We are seeking a competent and commercially astute HR Manager to join our client for a period of 12 months to cover a maternity leave within this world leading manufacturing business. With the size of the organisation, there’s a possibility that this role would ‘go permanent’ for someone who can make a difference. Taking responsibility for a unionised client group within supply chain and therefore working mostly on site, this role will provide support and guidance to group Leaders, managers and employees through occasional adding value HR projects and supporting on daily operational employee matters.You will have the inner confidence to influence well and gain buy in to effectively coach managers to become better leaders and to guide on operational HR matters and the more challenging HR initiatives
Roles and Responsibilities Include
- A first point of contact for employees & managers on all HR and employee relations matters, able to provide leadership, coaching and support for individual manager employee needs & HR processes.
- Work effectively with unions to resolve complex ER issues.
- Use prior HR experience and acquired HR expertise to execute functional policy/strategy.
- Impact projects, processes and procedures in all aspects of HR. The role operates with some autonomy, but is focused on execution of activities/provision of advice and some project work as an enabler within a highly matrixed environment. All activities require professional judgment, but may sometimes require more senior levels of guidance.
- In depth experience in operational HR, employee relations, working with unions and adding value HR projects.
- Ideally degree and CIPD qualified, but will look at candidates with in depth HR experience in an industrial/logistics unionised environment.
- Commercially astute with an innate understanding of business operations and key drivers within logistics, manufacturing or engineering sectors.
- Good inner confidence with the ability to influence effectively in a male dominated environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems.
- Established project management skills with evidence of having adding value through the implementation of innovative HR initiatives.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class company.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100