Expert retained and contingent
Location: Plymouth, Devon
Salary: c. £35,000 p.a. + great benefits
We are currently seeking a proactive HR Advisor who is looking for a fast paced role and who is happy to work in an industrial engineering environment based in South Plymouth. This is primarily an operational role in a tough ER/IR and lean in HR environment. It will give great opportunity to work on and resolve complex employee relations issues. In order to work well in this environment you will need to be resilient with superb influencing skills. Working closely with the remote fast paced Senior HRBP you also will help to drive forward positive adding value HR initiatives.
Working with the Snr HRBP and with the support of the 2 on-site HR Assistants this is a broad generalist role encompassing: full ownership of the recruitment process (c 30% of the role), employee relations, coaching/development and some really interesting adding value projects. You will partner line managers on HR/ER issues and people management processes, developing and delivering training initiatives that support the organisational goals. This will require a strong focus on coaching and developing managers to drive their effectiveness, supporting on any ER issues and recruitment, implementing engagement strategies and action plans and generally helping your stakeholders by adding value and providing solutions to their people issues.
It will give an ambitious HR Advisor lots of opportunity to develop and learn all aspects of operational HR. Based on site preferably 4 days a week, you will need to live within easy commute distance of South Plymouth. For exceptional candidates there may be the opportunity to work 3 days on site and 2 remote.The hours are early start early finish – 8am-4:15pm and finishing really early on Friday at 1:30pm! It also comes with great benefits: 5% bonus, 5% employer pension contribution and 25 days holidays + bank holidays.
- A strong HR Advisor with a broad generalist background including recruitment, Employee Relations and people development. Some coaching experience would be ideal.
- Preferably part or fully CIPD qualified.
- Experience of working effectively at HR Advisor Level, preferably in a private sector engineering, manufacturing or industrial organisation.
- Credible, with the gravitas and ability to influence at all levels especially in a male dominated shop floor environment.
- Strong business acumen and able to evidence adding value to the bottom line though the design and implementation of commercial HR Initiatives
- Results-oriented, meets commitments, takes a pro-active approach
- Happy to roll up sleeves and get on with whatever needs doing.
This is a broad and very varied generalist role with lots of autonomy and no two days are the same.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100