Expert retained and contingent
Location: Thornbury, North Bristol
Salary: £30-32,000 p.a.
HR Administration Team Leader
We are currently working with a values driven charitable organisation based just north of Bristol to help find them a proactive, ambitious HR Administration Team Leader who wants to add value and hopefully looking to progress into an HR Advisor role. The role is working on site in Thornbury, North Bristol and so you need to be living within close commuting distance.
Reporting to a newly appointed, engaging, inspiring and warm Head of HR this is a super opportunity to make a difference and they will consider people looking for both full-time or part-time (minimum 30 hours a week).
- Support, manage, develop and motivate an HR team of 3 to set up and maintain all operational HR systems, processes and files to ensure that all are up to date and accurate.
- Ensure that the recruitment procedure is fit for purpose and that social media is used effectively based on regular analyses of data.
- Develop, implement and maintain HR policies and procedures to ensure all are effective, lawful, fair and consistent and that the staff handbook is comprehensive and up-to-date.
- Oversee the recruitment via the UKVI portal for overseas applicants. Assist and support overseas employees to settle when arriving in the UK.
- Work closely with managers, providing them with guidance and quality advice on the full range of HR activities including policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment, absence management, restructuring, performance management, employment law, maternity and paternity leave administration and flexible working requests. Manage health issues, occupational health issues and medical referrals.
- Support the finance team with all matters related to payroll.
- Provide support on employee relations issues including investigations, disciplinary, capability and grievance matters.
- Overseeing the induction of admin and HR staff.
- Take part in interview panels, when required, using safer recruitment techniques.
- Attend the weekly Training meetings, when required, and assist the Head of HR with the design, coordination and evaluation of the organisations comprehensive training framework.
- Significant experience of adding value within a busy operational HR Administration environment especially with strong recruitment administration experience, on-boarding and new starters.
- Evidence of recent relevant professional development i.e. HR or Business Degree with HR or CIPD
- Experience of staff supervision in any capacity with the credibility to develop and motivate an HR Admin team.
- Preferably a graduate with 1 to 2 years’ experience in an HR Admin role.
- Someone who goes the extra mile, can identify areas for improvement and put in solutions.
- An excellent communicator who can present a new idea and gain engagement to new ways of working.
- Excellent IT skills and attention to detail.
- It would suit someone who has one or 2 years in HR admin (who’s had previous management experience elsewhere) who is looking for the next step up and to use their HR theory learned say through CIPD or an HR or Business degree to help create an adding value HR function.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who’s happy to roll up their sleeves and get on with whatever needs to be done and who wants to add value and make a difference.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100