Expert retained and contingent
Location: Bristol (BS16)
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000 + Benefits
We are looking for a fast-paced, high potential HR Advisor who has the desire and capacity to progress into a brand new role. You will be responsible for providing confidential and professional support on all people related matters. This includes the provision of generalist HR support to divisional management teams and employees in areas including, but not limited to; recruitment and selection, department structure and job design, employee relations, performance and discipline management, HR policy interpretation, change management, as well as contributing to the development, implementation and review of HR initiatives to support the business.
Reporting to the fast paced, pragmatic HR Manager, this is a broad HR generalist support role, covering all HR services, supporting c225 staff. As it is a manufacturing site there is no hybrid working at the moment.
- Assist with recruitment, arrange interviews, co-ordinate new on-boarding and inductions. On-boarding is complex, so attention to detail is essential.
- Be the first point of contact for all HR related queries and provide timely support and services to managers and employees that are clear, concise and fit for purpose
- Maintain and build strong working relationships with managers and stakeholders (H&S, Payroll etc), to understand business requirements and how HR can support them
- Support and manage disciplinary and grievance matters in a professional and timely manner, in accordance with legislation and best practice, ensuring correct documentation and procedural fairness
- Process weekly starters and leavers and administer HR-related documentation, maintain Employee files.
- Action all sickness records, reporting any ‘long-term’ absences to the relevant HR team member.
- Arrange and assist with note taking of disciplinaries.
- Support in social impact and outreach programs
- Provide a first point of contact to managers and employees for training needs, identifying gaps and supporting employee development.
- We are looking for someone with demonstrated knowledge and experience of HR principles and their application including experience in coaching and mentoring and ability to approach people issues from a commercial perspective, delivering value-add HR services.
- Computer literate and be able to create reports and spreadsheets and work with HR systems
- Excellent communication skills to deal with staff and external clients
- A basic understanding of Employee Relations and current employment legislation.
- Able to demonstrate having met demanding targets and deadlines.
- Highly responsible, reliable and flexible with a strong work ethic
- Be proactive and able to work using your own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail and good communication skills.
This is a great opportunity to grow and develop with this business as it expands over the next 12 months or so.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100