Expert retained and contingent
Salary: c. £75,000 p.a.
We are looking for the first People Director for our client, a niche professional services business. This will be a high profile role reporting to the MD and sitting on the Executive Management Team. Currently there are c200 staff who operate from 8 regional offices. The business has plans to double over the next 4 years so hiring someone with experience of designing and implementing an effective people strategy; of growing a business and putting good structure in place is essential to the long term success of this business.
You’ll manage and develop a small HR team to truly partner with the business. This hire comes at a critical time for our client as it implements ambitious growth plans. It faces the challenge of many small but growing businesses – how to achieve their growth whilst ensuring and maintaining both engagement and their unique culture. That is where this role come’s in! You’ll be based in Oxfordshire but will need to be willing and able to travel to other offices around the UK.
We’re looking for a senior HR professional who is also a Change Agent. We’d like to talk to candidates with experience of really driving employee engagement so that the business remains a great place to work, able to attract and retain excellent people.
You will of course need to be very commercially astute and demonstrate plenty of wide-ranging HR generalist experience. We’ll want you to create the right structure and processes for growth without stifling the culture and agility of this entrepreneurial business. You’ll need to coach and develop not only the HR team but managers and leaders ibn the business. HR needs to be visible and a supportive presence, creating real people solutions to meet the needs of the business as it expands.
Additionally, this is how we’d describe the candidate we’re looking for:
- Very collaborative, experienced at truly partnering a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Engaging and credible, a real relationship builder developer with people of all levels
- Driven and innovative – able to find solutions, develop the HR function into a value adding one that truly supports the business
- Comfortable working at both a strategic and operational level – willing to be hands on when necessary
- Passionate about employee engagement and personal development
- A strong intellect, an agile thinker with good analytical skill
- Able to work at pace with experience in progressive changing organisations
- Most probably a Graduate with a good career track record where you can show clear progression in your roles
This role will play a significant part in helping to positively shape the future of our client. The People Director will have the opportunity to lead on a number of transformational initiatives to drive the business forward and to grow it.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100