Expert retained and contingent
Salary: 26,500 + excellent benefits
A great opportunity has arisen for a proactive, fast paced and part-time HR Advisor who would like to work in a values driven, creative organisation based in Cheltenham with some travel to other local sites. This newly created role is part-time for 3 full days a week.
The role will work with a fun, friendly HR team to support managers dealing with people issues in a positive way in order to increase the capability of the workforce.
This is a pure generalist role with specific focus on improving and managing employee relations, line management capability, recruitment (including regulated record keeping) and succession planning.
The successful candidate will be efficient, well organised, an excellent communicator and capable of dealing with a variety of tasks, often under pressure of time. Attention to detail, flexibility and absolute discretion are essential. This role will suit a pragmatic individual who enjoys finding a solution to complex problems.
You will advise managers and staff regarding the process for disciplinary, grievance, return to work, absence issues and exit interviews and assist with reviewing paperwork prior to issue and to advise line managers as to how best to build and maintain positive employee relations. The HR Advisor will also assist with managing the appraisal process, coaching line managers, planning induction activities and overseeing staff benefits.
The company is going through a period or growth, so there may be restructures, TUPEs and integration of newly merged businesses. Some experience in these areas would be useful.
• Degree and CIPD full or part qualified,
• Evidence of having added value in an HR role within a fast paced private sector organization.
• Proactive, positive, energetic and always wanting to go the extra mile.
• Articulate with the credibility to influence within a high intellect, creative environment.
• Highly organised, with a warm and collaborative communication style
• Totally flexible, not process driven with the ability to interact with people at all levels within the organisation.
• Resilient, able to manage competing priorities, pragmatic and proactive
• Solid experience as an HR/ER generalist with excellent knowledge of best HR practice
• Excellent people skills – an excellent communicator, influencer and relationship builder who can gain trust quickly.
• Proven organisational skills
• A good level of IT literacy is required with knowledge of HR Databases
• Attention to detail is essential
• Ability to interact positively with all levels of staff within the Foundation
• A ‘can-do’ attitude and willingness to be flexible when required
• Used to working to tight deadlines
• An ability to uphold the standards and values of the business and to be a positive example to other staff
• Strong Employee Relations skills and experience and the desire to continue to develop those skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to either get back into work following time out or for someone seeking more flexibility in their working patterns.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100