Expert retained and contingent
Salary: c. £45,000p.a. + benefits
We’re looking for a proactive HR Manager to provide an excellent generalist service to support our client’s ambitious growth plans.The role based in Somerset is to offer support, guidance & advice on Recruitment, Employee Relations and Development.
Reporting to the supportive HRD, this role would either suit a bright, commercially astute senior HR advisor looking for next step, or a junior BP with a good broad generalist background and with both recruitment and training experience.
Due to ambitious growth plans the person coming in will need excellent recruitment experience to improve employer branding and the candidate journey in order to recruit significant numbers and improve engagement.
It’s a 24/7 operation so there may be an occasional need to go in late or early to deal with something complex or to improve communications with those not working weekday shifts.
You’ll need to be someone who is good at establishing and developing strong working relationships at all levels from the senior team, to unions and also workers.There will be plenty of opportunity to work on adding value HR initiatives and new projects.
- Ideally CIPD qualified or working towards with significant generalist HR experience in a fast moving, private sector industrial environment.
- Experience of supporting a company in growth would be an advantage,
- Will ideally have experience of working in HR in either a unionised manufacturing, logistics or production environment.
- Experience of working with unions would be preferred.
- You must also have excellent organisational skills and initiative, with the ability to effectively manage the operational HR services with minimal input from the HR Director.
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation in all areas, able to put knowledge into practice in protecting the company from liability.
- Need a good ideas person who is resilient, ‘can-do’ and who can make things happen.
- Needs to be friendly and approachable and able to relate to all levels of this business.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
There’s lots of opportunity to add value and make a difference.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100