Expert retained and contingent
Salary: to 40,000
Reporting to the Regional HR Manager and partnering the Site Manager you will be responsible for providing a comprehensive generalist HR service on a key site employing c200. This role will play a critical role ensuring that all employees at the site are treated in a manner that truly reflects the client’s core values and cultural intention.
- Leading by example you will support, guide, coach and facilitate line managers in dealing with the challenging people issues in line with best practice, business requirements and legal obligations to ensure they become effective people managers.
- To provide guidance, advice and support on the implementation of cost effective recruitment and selection methodologies to attract highly talented people for this site who have the right skills, knowledge and behaviours to meet future business needs and expected growth.
- To support managers proactively to manage and reduce the cost of absence and maximise productivity through the provision of qualitative HR KPI data on a weekly/monthly basis.
- To help managers bring about business change through effective support on key HR initiatives and projects that supports the overall agenda of the business.
- To ensure that effective employment relations are developed and maintained across the site; this will include supporting culture and business change, internal communication, effective investigation and disciplinary/grievance and appeal processes etc.
- To provide a comprehensive administrative support service at all times and to ensure the HR Management system is accurately maintained with the ongoing support of colleagues in the HR & Payroll Shared Service Teams.
- An HR professional with proven ‘hands on’ operational generalist experience including evidence of; managing employee relations, recruitment & selection to management level, change management projects and implementation of policies and procedures.
- An individual who has experience of working with a diverse range of customers (both internal & external) who is able to build effective working relationships and influence.
- A good understanding of employment legislation, case law and its application – ideally CIPD qualified or perhaps part-qualified.Intermediate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications with working knowledge of electronic HR, Payroll, and Time and Attendance systems.
- Excellent administration, planning, organising and time management skills.
- You must have a flexible and adaptable approach to work with the ability to work in a team and influence cross functionally.
- You must be self motivated and be able to work with a minimum of supervision with good attention to detail and have natural problem solving skills.
Finally, this is a fast paced 24/7 environment so proven experience in a similar within a medium/large employer would be ideal.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100