Expert retained and contingent
Location: Central Gloucestershire
Salary: £35-43,000 p.a. + good benefits
Type: Part-Time Interim
Part-Time HR MANAGER – Maternity Cover
This Part-time HR Manager role for our Central Gloucestershire based client, would suit someone looking to work within a non-corporate SME. The role is a 12 month FTC – 4 days a week, to cover maternity leave starting in June and offers a variety of operational and project based HR and Learning and Development responsibilities. As there is little Employee Relations and people like working there, there will be scope to add value and make a difference in a business with c. 100 employees
This role is very much about giving people the HR and learning tools to be the best they can be. Working with the Exec team, some of the projects on the agenda will be to develop a coaching culture in line with the vision; re-align the L&D framework and simplify it, and with the wider group Head of HR undertake a salary banding exercise.
Although the role will have a development and project focus, rather than a pure operational employee relations, a strong understanding of employment law will be necessary for day to day ER issues. Candidates with a passion for talent development, who understand how people are motivated would be ideal, especially in a creative environment.
In addition, as the only person (initially) in HR you will need to be able to not only to support an inspiring people strategy for a high intellect, creative workforce but also be happy to roll up your sleeves and get on with the more operational aspects of HR.
- Significant experience in all aspects of HR including: employee relations, employment law, recruitment, coaching & L&D and reward preferably within a fast moving, small, private sector organisation.
- Passionate about creating a positive employee experience that people want to join and stay with the organisation.
- Supportive, motivating, enthusiastic, with a strong desire to help people be the very best they can be.
- Confident in your understanding of current employment law.
- Degree educated (An HR or psychology degree would be ideal) and CIPD qualified or equivalent.
- A creative thinker who is solutions-focused and a self-starter.
- Credible, able to influence, coach and develop people at all levels.
- Positive, high energy and inspiring so that people are engaged into new ways of working.
his would suit a commercially astute, warm HR Manager who wants to make a difference within a small organisation with a passion for inspiring, encouraging and creating innovative change.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100