Expert retained and contingent
Salary: to £65,000 + good benefits
Employee Relations Manager
Following a major restructure our client, a fast paced, multi-site, customer facing business is looking to recruit an experienced, professional ER Manager to join their Head Office team.
The role will be to successfully deliver the Employee Relations strategy by providing direction, support and training regarding the provision of a quality ER advice to this international organisation. Managing a small team of ER Advisors, you will have the autonomy to add value and drive forward positive change in creating a proactive rather than purple reactive Employee Relations service.
- To work with the Senior HR team to develop the Employee Relations strategy for the future.
- To effectively manage, develop and motivate a high energy Employee Relations team of c. 5-8 direct reports.
- To interpret changing employment legislation and provide information and relevant updates for the Business Units and Central teams.
- To develop and deliver corporate/company-wide policies, where required, and update regularly.
- To develop and deliver ER training for the Business, where required, in line with strategy
- To provide contractual advice and service agreements as required, and in conjunction with, the Group Legal department.
- To deliver ad-hoc ER and HR projects as required.
- To liaise and negotiate with relevant unions.
- You will have a proven track record; either as an ER specialist or as a senior HR Generalist with extensive ER experience in a large matrixed, customer facing, multi-site environment.
- International ER experience in hospitality, retail or leisure would be useful.
- You will also have achieved success providing an excellent ER service in private sector companies which have experienced constant change.
- A positive and engaging management style is paramount to effectively develop the fast paced fairly new ER team.
- You will bring superb communication skills and able to influence effectively at all levels.
- A strong business awareness and high level of credibility are essential.
- You will possess excellent knowledge of current Employment Legislation and its practical application.
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and presentation skills are essential.
This role offers the opportunity to influence the development of the strategic Employee Relations Function within this reputable and established organisation and to contribute to the reputation of the HR function.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100