Expert retained and contingent
Salary: To £60,000 + benefits
Type: Interim (6 months)
INTERIM HR BUSINESS PARTNER
Over the past year this business has been consolidating three distinct brands and are in the process of restructuring their head office and corporate functions as one service to support the three brands under one management team. Having appointed the senior management team they are now looking to resource the next layer of management.
This a commercially facing HR role and will work with the management team to shape, scope and deliver a commercially focussed people plan to the business. Tasks and responsibilities will include;
- Alignment of the people plan to the business strategy through working closely with the management team
- Providing advice and support, specifically in the areas of:
- organisation design and development
- performance and capability management
- talent management and succession planning
- employee engagement
- reward and recognition
- training and development
- recruitment and selection
- Advising on employee matters in line with legislation and internal processes, providing advice and guidance and where appropriate, direct management support to identify solutions and resolve issues
- Developing and maintaining a sound understanding of the business using facilitation and coaching techniques to support and to identify opportunities and resolve issues
- Identifying and facilitating individual, team and organisational development and effectiveness that will lead to improved business performance
- Developing and maintaining sufficient people skills and experience within the business for both present and future business needs
This is a great position for an HR professional who excels in a fast-paced, demanding environment and has the resilience and tenacity to influence others through a course of action. The role requires an HR professional with excellent Employment Law knowledge balanced with a pragmatic and commercially aware outlook. You’ll need to be credible quickly, with the ability to influence at all levels.
- A proactive approach. We are looking for someone who is able to make things happen, resolve issues and see the client’s bigger picture
- Ability to achieve high performance, develop collaborative relationships, challenge behaviours and influence change and direction across a broad network of relationships, particularly at a senior level
- Work independently and as part of a team to deliver for the business
- Ability to mix commercial insight and HR professionalism
- Well-developed commercial acumen with experience of achieving results, driving change, and establishing best practice through other people.
- Be resilience and calmness under pressure
- High integrity – able to do what is right for the business
- Solid experience as an HR generalist with excellent knowledge of best HR practice
- Excellent people skills – a good communicator, influencer and relationship builder who can gain trust quickly.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise conflicting priorities.
- Fun, outgoing, fast paced.
There will be occasional travel to other depots
The role is initially for 6 months and there will be the opportunity for this role to become permanent should the person in the interim role wish to put themselves forward.
Ideally we’re looking for the right person to be able to start fairly quickly – you might be between roles at the moment or perhaps you’re an independent HR Consultant looking for extra hours…
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100