Expert retained and contingent
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + benefits
Learning & Development Specialist
Our client, a reputable SME based in the Cheltenham has been growing rapidly and continues to do so. They are now looking to recruit a creative Learning and Development Manager with a passion for understanding behaviour and how training can add value to an organisation. The role will work closely with the Head of HR to develop and implement leading edge learning and development initiatives. Their people work quickly and are hugely commercial, therefore your ideas and your ability to execute good L&D initiatives that enable their success and set them up for the future needs to be equally impressive.
This role will be based in Bristol but there will be a need for some travel, on occasion.
- Liaise with key stakeholders across the business to understand capability gaps in management across the site(s) and department(s).
- Design, deliver and evaluate management and soft skills training, in line with business needs and be willing and able to adjust approach to programmes to support learners and the organisation.
- Understand the support needs of different departments and be able to prioritise which areas of the organisation require the most urgent attention.
- Assess the impact of learning interventions and provide regular statistics / reporting to track the impact of soft skill training.
- Working in collaboration with senior leaders, ensure new managers are on-boarded effectively and efficiently.
- Provide 1:1 coaching support for managers as required.
- Ownership of overall career development programmes in support of talent & succession management.
- Support new line managers throughout their first six to 12 months in the organisation; working in collaboration with their respective line managers
- Experience working in a corporate management development role
- Proven track record of designing and delivering fit-for-purpose learning solutions
- Ability to demonstrate using how learning interventions support culture change
- Experience of working with managers at all levels of an organisation
- Confidence to advise the business on skill gaps and learning needs of managers and ability to translate these needs into pragmatic learning programmes
- Commercial and financial acumen
- A confident and engaging self-starter with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Qualifications in Leadership & Management skills/training (CIPD qualified or similar)
- A well-rounded leadership development professional
- Passionate, resilient and personality with uncompromising integrity
- Willingness to take ownership of processes and see these through to completion
- Openness to embracing new ways of working
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Good time management skills
- Strong command and understanding of models, frameworks, tools and solutions to increase leadership effectiveness, including but not limited to; culture change, emotional intelligence, change management, high performing team effectiveness, coaching, Situational Leadership
We are looking for someone who can design and deliver totally engaging training programmes as well as someone who can bring new ideas and innovative solutions. This role would offer a high potential candidate the autonomy to add value and make a difference throughout the Group.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100