Early Career Development Manager
Ref No: FV1702-01
Salary: to £50,000 + benefits
Location: North West Wiltshire
EARLY CAREERS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
At the leading edge of developing technology, our client has created a new role to support and develop early careers undergraduates. This is a pioneering initiative both for the company and the education sector. Working as part of a small team this role is to shape how our client recruits, develops and supports a selection of high potential undergraduates through work and study. There is huge scope to develop the role and then set the direction for how the 'academy' evolves beyond this.
- Work closely with the recruitment team to promote this new development programme with schools and colleges.
- Support recruitment in the assessment and selection of school leavers, ensuring the client recruits only the highest potential individuals.
- Design and deliver their on-boarding and induction experience.
- Help undergraduates navigate their first experience of working and studying independently.
- Build & develop a strong support network of mentors and line managers to assist the transition to working life.
- Build development interventions to enhance workplace skills and fulfil potential
- Work with the Technical Manager and the university to align this to the content of the degree programme.
- Set clear expectations for performance and manage these closely.
- Align what the company is doing with the apprenticeship levy and work with others to define what the onsite 'campus' will look and feel like.
- Degree educated with a first class or 2i degree from a good university.
- Intellectually bright with the ability to operate at a conceptual/ strategic level.
- A background of success in talent development of early careers, school leavers, graduates and apprentices.
- Able to support undergraduates with their development and adapting to working for the first time.
- A skilled influencer who can build strong relationships at all levels and work effectively in a rapidly changing matrix environment.
- Passionate about young people's education in an engineering environment
- Commercially astute with a passion for developing talent in an innovative environment.
Purple House works with clients and candidates from all HR disciplines across the whole of the UK. We are committed to resourcing, assessing and selecting the best talent available on behalf of our clients.
If you are interested in this role or would like to discuss it in more detail please forward your CV to Fiona Vennbrook or call on 0117 957 4100. Please remember to quote the job reference number in all correspondence with Purple House Recruitment Ltd.