HR Business Partner
Ref No: TM1709-01
Salary: c£40,000 + car allowance, bonus and benefits
HR BUSINESS PARTNER
We are looking for an HR Business Partner to join our client who is based in Bristol, but partners the business throughout the South West Region. This role is vital to the continued development of our clients business and will form an important link between the regional Head Office (Bristol) and the wider business.
The HR Business Partner will work closely with the local Senior Management Team to support them on all HR matters in what is a fast-paced environment. This role will augment the already very well regarded HR team and is born out of the continued growth and success of this business.
You will be expected to provide a first class HR Partnering and
guidance service to c375 staff. Utilising your strong coaching
skills, you will advise and develop line managers and facilitate
the effective delivery of day-to-day operational HR across defined
business areas. There will be a high volume of work in the role and
the potential for some interesting and proactive projects.
• Providing solutions focussed proactive HR support and advice in a consultative style, to support the development and commercial objectives of the business.
• Designing and delivering a range of soft skill based in-house training initiatives.
• Working in partnership with line management to deliver processes and activities such as succession planning (12 months to 5 years)
• Working with managers on the annual salary review process to ensure that salary increases are within corporate budget, communicating new salaries to employees and liaising with payroll to ensure correct payments are made on time.
• Providing specific HR research and project work, as required from time to time to investigate/address specific issues/topics (eg benchmarking/best practice).
We are looking for a highly capable and experienced HR generalist who is credible and influential. The ability to develop trusted relationships will be vital as will a very commercial mind-set coupled with a strong best practice approach. The critical style required is a coaching, consultative one - there is no room in this culture for 'telling' people what to do. An emphasis on good stakeholder management (at all levels) is another key essential for this role. You need to be very 'pro' personal development and agile as this is at the heart of the culture and in a business which is growing this will be an important quality. Candidates will need to be comfortable delivering and supporting on the full end to end HR lifecycle and being resourceful in doing so as there are few HR 'specialists' in the business to turn to for advice.
Candidates will also need to display strong attention to detail yet have the capability to work on the big business, and HR, issues to tackle some of the challenges the business faces; e.g. gender imbalance at senior level, ageing employee demographic, engagement, succession, increased commercial pressures in the sector, constant increases in regulation. It is important that candidates understand their customer base and that there is a strongly service orientated approach to partner the regional network.
The Head of HR is looking for a trusted colleague who will work closely with her, use their initiative to constantly drive performance improvement, spot issues within and outside of the function, someone who acts with integrity and professionalism and who can partner the customer to generate work and not expect it to fall in their lap. Ideally we are looking for someone who is reflective, collaborative, a strong team player, pragmatic, authentic and mature in approach and attitude.
• CIPD qualified solid generalist HR experience in a fast-paced,
• Self sufficient - does not need direction/hand holding
• Able to demonstrate a strong understanding of current employment law and its application within a HR environment.
• Practical experience of providing HR support in people management areas such as disciplinaries, grievances, sickness absence performance management and also recruitment.
Experience working closely with a senior management team useful
• Credible with strong influencing and client-facing skills at all levels.
• Hands-on and pro-active approach to advisory delivery.
• Well organized with the ability to prioritise a high volume workload.
In an ideal world we're looking for someone to be able to start fairly quickly so if you're interested in finding out more about this opportunity then please do get in touch. A car allowance is offered with this role as there will be some local travel involved.
Purple House works with clients and candidates from all HR disciplines across the whole of the UK. We are committed to resourcing, assessing and selecting the best talent available on behalf of our clients.
If you are interested in this role or would like to discuss it in more detail please forward your CV to Tom Mornement or call on 0117 957 4100. Please remember to quote the job reference number in all correspondence with Purple House Recruitment Ltd.