Interim Head of HR
Ref No: FV1707-4
Salary: £75,000 + c. 20% + Car Allowance
Interim Head of HR
Our client, an international, fast paced organisation is looking for a proactive, commercially astute Interim Head of HR to cover a 6-12 month maternity leave. This is by no means just a 'business as usual' role, but will involve driving forward a number of challenging strategic change projects. This role is to support their multiple sites of customer facing personnel across the whole of the UK.
Working within a lean but supportive HR team this Head of HR role, reporting to the Group HR Director will play a key part in driving forward the people agenda to all the UK sites in support of the organisational goals. This will include, elements of OD and implementing new structures, regrading programmes, improving leadership capability, increasing engagement and building a talent pipeline of highly capable employees. In addition to the major OD projects and driving forward innovative people strategy, there will also be an operational side to the role including the resolution of the most complex ER cases at a senior level, development of the succession model, collective bargaining on annual pay reviews and improving performance processes.
- Preferably degree and CIPD qualified.
- Customer facing multisite experience at a Senior HR level is essential. i.e. hospitality, retail, leisure, services.
- Worked at HRD or head of HR level, responsible for both strategy and able to roll up sleeves and undertake more operational duties.
- Union experience would be useful to undertake pay negotiations and manage collective bargaining.
- Warm collaborative communication skills.
- Commercially astute - strong business acumen - Evidence of adding value.
- Used to working in a lean HR environment including lean budgets
- Fast paced - good positive energy.
- Articulate with a common sense approach.
- Not black & White but flexible. Able to give options and articulate risk associated with each option. Offer solutions not barriers.
- Strong employment law knowledge - good ER skills
- A strong but diplomatic, warm engaging communication
- A good mentor - able to develop and motivate direct reports.
- Robust - able to challenge (diplomatically) and push back.
- Excellent time management skills.
This appointment offers a great deal of opportunity to add value within a proactive, established, hard working HR environment, supported by a very solid and friendly HR team.
Purple House works with clients and candidates from all HR disciplines across the whole of the UK. We are committed to resourcing, assessing and selecting the best talent available on behalf of our clients.
If you are interested in this role or would like to discuss it in more detail please forward your CV to Fiona Vennbrook or call on 0117 957 4100. Please remember to quote the job reference number in all correspondence with Purple House Recruitment Ltd.