Expert retained and contingent
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 + Benefits
We are looking for a proactive experienced People Advisor to join our client in Somerset who have ambitious growth plans
Reporting into the People Manager you will support them and the Head of People with delivering the people strategy for a workforce of c240. This includes being responsible for reviewing the colleague handbook, ensuring processes are robust and employee engagement.
You’ll need to be someone who is good at establishing and developing strong working relationships at all levels from the senior team, to unions and colleagues. There will be plenty of opportunity to work on value adding HR initiatives and new projects.
You will be comfortable coaching managers and delivering HR related sessions with groups of managers around absence, disciplinaries, grievances etc.
This is a 24/7 operation so there may be an occasional need to go in late or early to support with something complex or to improve communications with those not working day shifts.
You’ll bring with you experience of HR IT systems and have a desire to utilise the HR system as much as possible to produce KPIs and stats that will impact on how HR is delivered.
• Ideally CIPD qualified or working towards with significant generalist HR experience in a fast moving, private sector industrial environment.
• Experience of working in HR in either a unionised manufacturing, logistics or production environment.
• Experience of working with unions would be preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of employment legislation in all areas, able to put knowledge into practice in protecting the company from liability.
• Need a good ideas person who is resilient, ‘can-do’ and who can make things happen.
• Needs to be friendly, approachable, and able to relate to all levels of this business.
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Exceptional Knowledge of HR IT System
There is lots of opportunity to add value and make a difference here.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100