Expert retained and contingent
Location: North Hampshire
Salary: c£65,000 - £75,000 + good benefits & hybrid
HR Business Partner
A brand new and interesting opportunity has arisen for a proactive and robust HR Business Partner to join a rapidly growing leading edge tech services SME with c.250 employees, based in Basingstoke. This is a French owned business so there is likely to be some (limited) travel.
As this is a newly created role with 2 direct reports, you will have plenty of opportunities to add tangible value and make a real difference exhorting the value of good HR practice.
We are looking for someone with a good depth of HR experience and a passion for making a difference. With an analytical mind-set you will have generalist background and experience in – employee relations, performance management, appraisals, development of leadership capability and project management.
Following a recent HR re-structure there is a focus to raise the profile of HR enabling it to be a more strategic function that truly adds value across the business. You will need to identify gaps and areas for improvement and to lead and champion the very best working experience for all our client’s employees.
In an environment that values both hard data and intuitive judgement, this is an exciting opportunity to initiate and build on some great foundations. Within this complex and growing business that will challenge and keep you on your toes, you will be working closely with colleagues to deliver impactful outcomes.
It is anticipated that the ideal person will be based 2 days in the office and 3 days remotely.
- Partner with and educate demanding stakeholders on all aspects of the value of good HR.
- Challenge the status quo and prove how HR can help achieve the culture shift and transformation required to improve capability, communication and knowledge sharing.
- Support on all aspects of Employee Relations.
- Work closely with the Head of HR on the cultural integration of a newly acquired company into the ways of working, values and culture of the organisation.
- Build management capability through coaching and challenging on people management and decision making.
- Create solutions to people issues which enable stakeholders to better meet their commercial objectives.
- Use data and metrics to identify potential weak spots and support decision-making that really increases employee engagement.
- The company is going through a period or growth, there will be restructures and integrations of newly acquired and merged companies. Some experience in these areas is useful.
- Degree and CIPD 2 8qualified.
- Articulate with the credibility and presence to engage and influence at all levels.
- Evidence of having added real value as an HR Business Partner within a fast paced private sector organisation preferably within services or tech environment.
- Proactive with natural positive energy and a willingness to always go the extra mile.
- In depth experience of developing and implementing performance initiatives.
- Experience of having developed leadership capability and integrating newly acquired companies.
- A passion for engagement and evidence of having improved the employee experience through the introduction of new and creative initiatives.
- Resilient with strong emotional intelligence and a warm inner confidence with the natural ability to engage.
- A lateral thinker who is creative and innovative, with the communication skills to gain buy in on new initiatives.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for exposure to a wide range of HR initiatives and a great opportunity to add value in a fun, non-corporate environment. The role comes with good benefits, and a flexible approach towards where and how you work.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100