Expert retained and contingent
Salary: c£55,000 (pro rata) + good benefits
Our client, a reputable manufacturing SME based on the outskirts of Eastbourne has been growing rapidly over recent years and continues to do so. They are now looking to recruit an HR Manager, for c200 staff, supported by an HR Advisor and HR Administrator, on a part-time (c25hrs/week) basis. This role will work closely with the leadership team and report locally to the GM with a dotted line into the wider Group HR network.
This is a brand new role focussing on the provision of high quality HR support, determining and implementing strategic HR plans that underpin the business plans and ensuring provision of operational HR support as required. The HR Manager will contribute to the development of the UK wide HR strategy, ensuring that it serves to attract, manage, develop and retain the employees the business needs to achieve current and future business objectives in a cost-effective way.
This role will be based in Eastbourne but there will be a need for some travel, occasionally.
- Guide and manage the overall provision of HR services, policies and programmes to the Eastbourne site.
- Work closely with senior leaders on a day to day basis, whilst also collaborating with the HR peer group and team to ensure provision of a high quality HR service, which leverages knowledge and resources and shares best practice.
- You will have latitude to decide what action to take in order to achieve agreed objectives, escalating decisions of a potentially contentious nature and those outside current policy as necessary to either the GM or HRVP.
- You will likely need to communicate and negotiate with a wider range of employees and senior managers on a regular basis. It’s highly likely that communication, persuasion and influencing skills will be key to success in this role.
- You will have contact with senior management levels throughout the business in the UK which may involve attending meetings on cross-functional and cross-company issues and policies.
- In order to provide accurate advice and guidance to line management on procedures and recommend actions on issues, you will be expected to maintain a thorough knowledge of current employment legislation and company policies.
- Extensive experience in HR with the majority of that time spent in a generalist role, preferably in a manufacturing organisation.
- Up to date knowledge of appropriate employment legislation and evidence of putting employment law knowledge into practice.
- Experience of operating a continuously changing and evolving environment.
- Experience of supporting/delivering culture change projects.
- Line management experience.
- Demonstrable levels of business awareness and commercially astute.
- High energy and motivation levels.
- Ability to work independently, whilst also being able to judge when additional support is required.
- Superb relationship building skills and able to engage people to embrace new ways of working.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100