Expert retained and contingent
Salary: £45-50,000 p.a. + good benfits
Type: Interim - 12 months
Interim HR Manager
A great opportunity has arisen for a proactive, fast paced, operational HR Manager to work with a growing established organisation based in mostly in Farnborough and occasionally another Hampshire location. This role requires someone who is available to start fairly immediately.
The role reports into the Head of HR and it will support managers as a ‘Partner’ to the business to help them achieve the organizational goals through strong and effective people strategy. With direct line management of 2, you will be expected deal with all the operational HR issues to support the full employee lifecycle, from on-boarding to ER and performance/absence management, annual reviews, TUPE’s, to improving leadership capability in order to increase the capability of the workforce.
This SME, dynamic, white collar organisation is hugely fast paced, growing through organic growth and acquisition. The role is very varied with the need to flex and change to effectively support a number of different business units with ever changing priorities.
Although this is initially a 12 month contract, there is a strong possibility that this role will become permanent for the right person moving forward, due to the growth of the company. The job will be working remotely initially and will then be flexible working moving forward, 2-3 days in the office and 2-3 days at home.
- Preferably degree and CIPD qualified with significant experience of delivering a great operational HR service within an established complex private sector, fast paced organisation.
- This is an HR generalist role with responsibility for operational HR, including employee relations, absence management, on-boarding, performance management and providing training and coaching in effective people management. Some experience in these areas is therefore essential.
- In depth employment law knowledge and a track record in the resolution of complex ER cases.
- In depth experience of HR processes and systems with attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- Warm and motivational line management skills are needed to support this established HR team and with a passion to develop people to be the best they can be.
- Able to identify areas for improvement and the creativity to design effective HR solutions is also needed to be successful in this role. We would therefore we would be hoping to attract candidates who are commercially astute with clear examples of adding HR value and making a difference in a proactive manner.
- An engaging and warm communicator with buckets of positive energy.
- To do this job well, you must be hugely organised, with the ability to multi-task and effectively juggle conflicting priorities
- What is most important is to be flexible, with a ‘can do attitude’ and able to evidence always going beyond your remit to do the best possible job.
- Must be available to start fairly immediately.
This is a varied and interesting role with the opportunity to add value in a successful, friendly and dynamic company.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100