Expert retained and contingent
Location: North Bristol
Salary: c. £60,000 p.a. + Benefits
HR & Performance Director
A superb opportunity has arisen for a proactive and hands on HR & Performance Director for a niche, medical third sector organisation supporting c. 90 staff based in Bristol. The organisation has a number of different commercial divisions which support the funding of this charity and so someone who can work effectively with a wide variety of intellects and behavioural styles is required. There is the opportunity to work 4 or 5 days a week.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive and working closely with the senior management team the primary remit of this role is to develop and deliver an innovative, value adding people strategy with the support of an established HR Executive. Your internal clients will be diverse and demanding so you’ll need great relationship building skills to build rapport quickly and to advise, challenge and influence on all aspects of HR.
The HR & Performance Director will have the opportunity to lead on all aspects of HR both strategic and operational, as follows:
- Support the development of a high performing and goal driven company culture, to deliver engagement and high standards of quality and productivity.
- Develop a clear and evolving plan for Learning and Development.
- Develop policies and initiatives that attract, motivate and retain talented and committed employees in a scarce skilled market.
- Ensure legal compliance in all aspects of people management
- Implement streamlined and efficient HR processes and data management
- Fully participate in the Executive Team providing guidance and advice on all aspects of the people agenda.
- FCIPD or MCIPD qualified and of graduate calibre.
- In depth HR and employment law knowledge with experience of and a desire to work at both a strategic and operational level as the HR team is small.
- HR Experience in the private charity sector would be ideal, or in a creative, dynamic SME where people are passionate about what they do.
- Able to work on own initiative and to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience of designing and delivering talent management and succession planning processes.
- An effective people manager – with a passion for motivating and developing both direct reports and others within the organisation.
- Able to translate strategic business initiatives into tactical HR activities.
- Have the skills and credibility to effectively coach the directors and support, develop and identify future leaders.
- Commercially oriented with the ability to leverage data and logic in support of making a business case.
- Personable, skilled influencer, politically savvy, with the courage to challenge and also engage.
- Collaborative with an enabling coaching style
- A proactive approach to stakeholder engagement and experience of designing and delivering on innovative D.E.&I. initiatives.
This role offers opportunity to make a difference not only to the employees, but also the people who gain from the scientific and leading edge service this organisation provides. It offers flexible working and an environment where people love what they do and are passionate about what they can give bac
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100