Expert retained and contingent
Location: Keynsham, Bristol
Salary: c. £25,000 p.a.
HR & Recruitment Assistant
Our client, a rapidly growing, innovative and leading edge on line retailer is looking for an HR & Recruitment Assistant to join their friendly, fast paced HR team. This role would either suit an experienced HR Assistant / Administrator or a Recruitment Consultant/Advisor with knowledge of and a passion for HR. That said you must have the capacity to grow and develop into a bigger role as the company grows.
Reporting to a fun, proactive Head of People and Culture, you will be responsible for the management of all HR administration as follows: Responsible for the overall recruitment process, from placing adverts, direct sourcing from LinkedIn, pre-screening candidates and all recruitment administration, from new starters to referencing. It will also be maintaining the personnel files on the HR system, job role changes, maternity, references, absences. You will also ensure compliancy with legislation such Immigration regulations and GDPR, probation etc. This role is also to coordinate induction and training events, produce Management information and play a key role in rolling out a new HRIS acting as a ‘super user’.
A small part of the role will be to support aspects of payroll administration for the c. 120 employees. This includes processing information for the payroll provider, calculating sickness and overtime and liaising with benefits providers to improve pay and reward.
This is a fast paced role and the Head of People & Culture is focused and passionate about supporting the huge growth plans of the organisation and improving an already positive culture to become ‘best in class’. So with that, they are looking for someone who is ambitious and looking to grow with the company, as it grows. They are not looking for a steady plodder, but someone who wants to get involved in the wider HR strategy and who has the passion and wherewithal to get stuck into a number of adding value HR projects.
- This would suit either an ambitious HR Assistant who is CIPD level 3 qualified, or a Recruitment Consultant/Advisor with good recruitment employment law and some HR knowledge, looking to move into HR.
- Must have the capacity and desire to move into a bigger role as the company grows.
- Ideally you will have some experience of payroll administration, but if not then you must have excellent Excel, spreadsheet and analytical skills and be happy working with data and systems.
- Accurate with attention to detail.
- Excellent Excel and Word skills.
- Experience of using an HRIS would be desirable.
- Someone who goes the extra mile, can identify areas for improvement and put in solutions.
- It would suit someone who’s ambitious and looking to make their mark in an HR team before moving up into an advisory position.
- Must have your own transport.
- Good communication skills with a warm engaging and positive approach.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who’s happy to roll up their sleeves and get on with whatever needs to be done and who wants to add value and make a difference. The organisation has an 83% satisfaction rate from its 2021 staff engagement survey and we are looking for someone who can work to make it even better.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100