Expert retained and contingent
Location: Taunton, Somerset
Salary: £70-80,000 p.a.
HEAD OF HR
This is a unique and challenging opportunity to add value to a values driven third sector organisation based in Somerset. Supporting a permanent workforce of c. 3,000 employees, based from the head office in Taunton, this Head of HR role is the most senior position in HR reporting directly into the CeO and responsible for the strategic direction of the people agenda.
As Head of HR you will be working closely with the open and empathetic CEO, the Exec Team and their line managers; guiding, supporting and influencing on all aspects of HR, resourcing, organisational design and development.
This is not an ‘easy gig’ as it’s working in a very lean environment, with tough budgets, lots of challenges and complex issues, but it will give the right person a great deal of job satisfaction, working with some wonderful people who care deeply about giving back and what they do.
- Working closely with the CeO and the senior exec team develop and deliver a people strategy that supports the organisational goals and values.
- Lead internal change management initiatives to ensure the organisation has a progressive and capable workforce – and that the systems, processes are the best they can be.
- Lead TUPE and restructuring programs and associated consultations.
- Review the approach to performance management and work with L&D to optimise development opportunities to promote internal progression, succession and mobility
- Work alongside the outsourced recruitment provider and oversee its effective implementation and ensure strategies in place for effective workforce planning
- Ensure that mechanisms are in place to ensure all colleagues are remunerated fairly.
- Lead on pay negotiations and continue to build a partnership relationship with the recognised union
- Ensure legal compliance is met in all ER activities and control the ER budget and spend.
- MCIPD; graduate level or equivalent with significant HR management experience in a lean and fast paced environment.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels with the credibility and gravitas to influence coupled with an empathic approach that will bring people with you into new ways of working.
- In depth HR team Management experience.§In depth employment law knowledge with experience of leading on complex cases, facilitating organisational change programm, restructures and TUPEs.
- Strong commercial acumen able to identify areas for improvement and design effective solutions with experience of designing and developing adding value HR Strategy which support the ambitious growth plans.
- In depth experience of Benefits management including pensions and salary sacrifice schemes etc.
- Fast paced, no airs and graces, happy to roll up your sleeves and get on with whatever needs doing.
- A strong work ethic and able to evidence going beyond your remit.
This is a wonderful opportunity to add value and to work in a values driven environment within an organisation which is passionate and proud about what it does and achieves.
Purple House Recruitment Ltd., 14 Orchard Street, Bristol BS1 5EH
0117 957 4100