Accounts and Operations Partner / Business Manager
If you have in depth accounts or book-keeping experience but looking for more variety, then this role could be the one for you.
Our client, a small family run successful wholesale business based in West Bristol with c. 10 employees, is looking to employ a full time Accounts and Operations Partner / Business Manager due to the growth of the organisation and changes to the current employee matrix. This is a newly created role for a Business Manager to undertake a wide variety of responsibilities and comes with plenty of opportunity to add value and make a difference.
Due to the small size of the organisation, there will be a need to be very flexible and would suit someone who is happy to roll up their sleeves and get on with whatever needs to be done within a small office/warehouse/wholesale distribution environment.
- Complete management of the SAGE line 50 site including: book keeping, accounts to trial balance, inventory, credit control and banking reconciliation. This will be c. 40 to 50% of the role.
- Sales Support and customer service.
- A variety of interesting ad hoc projects.
- Stock Management – this will be taught to someone happy to develop.
- Ad hoc HR and Business support.
- Hours are 10am to 6pm Monday to Thursday and 10am to 4.30pm on Friday.
- Significant experience of managing accounts and bookkeeping within a small organisation.
- Experienced in the use of Sage Line 50 would be ideal, but will offer training to someone with good accounts experience in other accounts packages.
- Ideally you will have a wide variety of experience and knowledge across a number of different office functions, including general office management, sales support and customer service.
- Stock control experience would be desirable but can be learned, so someone looking to develop and learn would be most welcome.
- Numerate, with attention to detail with the ability to analyse financial and stock information.
- Commercially astute, able to spot anomalies and make recommendations for improvement.
- The ability to understand and resolve queries that arise with your own ideas for improving processes and procedures.
- As this is a family run business, the appointee will be working with people who are passionate about what they do. Therefore, the person coming in will need to understand how to best work and achieve goals within this environment.
- Confident and competent computer user – Good Understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Proactive, analytical, assertive, adaptable and flexible would be words that describe you well.
- Able to manage your own time, resources and workload effectively
Due to future business strategy changes, there will be plenty of opportunity to grow and develop to become a key stakeholder within the business.