We’re delighted to be working with this ambitious client who has not only managed to ride out the recent troubles but is now keen to set themselves up for the long term. The plan is to double in the next 5 years, so now really is a great time to join!
You’ll be accountable for delivering financial management excellence for this c£50m t/o business. Controlling all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
You will need to be “hands-on” in this role. You will manage the day to day running of the finance function including a team of 8, and looking after financial accounting, management reporting, budgeting & forecasting and VAT. Specifically we’re looking for someone to,
- Provide effective management and advice on financial matters, ensuring that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported
- Ensure effective and robust financial accounting operations, to include billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, cost accounting, inventory accounting, revenue recognition etc.
- Manage and maintain all necessary systems and data records to ensure effective and efficient financial management, and robust internal controls
- Develop and coordinate the annual operating budget to ensure a clear and robust financial budget is produced, coordinating with colleagues as appropriate
- Ensure all financial and statutory reporting and regulations are met, preparing the company’s financial accounts & records to ensure that these are presented timely and accurately, including local GAAP and IFRS
- Ensure all financial commitments are met in a timely manner with effective oversight of all Company expenditure, through supervision, management, process control and authorisation procedures & policies
- Lead the finance team, developing high performing individuals, supervising and managing all finance team performance and development
What You’ll Need to Succeed
You will be a fully qualified accountant with experience within an SME environment, ideally within the retail or FMCG space. You will have a strong academic background and feel comfortable working within a growing and ever changing environment.
Apply for this vacancy