Group HR Manager – Talent Manager
A proactive Group HR Manager with a passion for Talent Development is needed for an established growing company based in Gloucester with c. 300 staff. As the most senior person in HR and talent you will responsible for spearheading change and improvements in the HR and talent development arena.
With direct line management of two, the primary remit of the role is to create an adding value people strategy which best attracts, develops and retains top talent across the multiple business units and head office.
Working with diverse cultures and personalities within a number of different divisions, you will need to have a flexible approach to be credible and influence well with different businesses and types of people. The role will include enhancing existing processes and systems and designing, developing and implementing innovative, adding value HR initiatives.
- Define what good people look like regarding behaviours, technical skill, knowledge and attitudes.
- To create a strong and innovative employer Brand and EVP which attracts high calibre high potential candidates.
- Develop and implement innovative and robust attraction, assessment, selection and on-boarding methodologies.
- Support operational HR &manage/resolve the more complex employee relations issues.
- Create and implement talent management processes, including: appraisals, performance management, succession planning and talent reviews.
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis to identify gaps and create new development programmes
- Lead and develop a 1-1 coaching culture.
- Develop a proactive approach to employee engagement and internal communications
- Evaluate Training and Recruitment initiatives.
- Ideally degree and CIPD qualified (or equivalent)
- Significant HR and Talent management experience gained in a fast paced private sector environment. (Within an SME would be ideal)
- Proven track record of managing the full talent life-cycle from defining competencies and building competency frameworks, to creating a strong employer brand/EVP, to, building rigorous assessment methodologies, creating development & succession programs which engage and retain that talent.
- A solid understanding of operational HR best practice and good employment law ER knowledge.
- Technically proficient in digital marketing, recruitment systems, HR systems and new technologies which best develop a growing workforce and improve communication.
- Able to evidence having improved leadership capabilities through the development of innovative training initiatives and coaching.
- Good relationship building skills at all levels and within a variety of sectors/cultures. Able to engage all levels of people to embrace new ways of working.
We are looking for a proactive Group HR Manager and Talent Professional who can bring new ideas and innovative solutions to attract and develop people in this diverse growing company where people like working. This role would offer plenty of opportunity and autonomy to add value and make a difference.