We are looking for a proactive HR Advisor to join a small but ambitious HR team within a friendly and down to earth law firm based in Reading.
Reporting into a fun and supportive Head of People, you will take day-to-day responsibility for many of the operational aspects of HR across the whole employee life cycle. With administrative support from an HR Assistant, you’ll assist with, or lead on; recruitment and on-boarding, performance, development, employee relations, conduct issues, and aspects of reward and benefits and much more. As a small team they tend to be very adaptable, flexible and hands on – so you might get involved in anything. There will also be the opportunity to play a part in many exciting HR projects as they take a fresh look at how they recruit, develop and retain their people in a rapidly changing environment.
In these challenging times more than ever, our client is looking to create an HR team that can support the new normal and adapt practices for the future.
- Degree and minimum CIPD Level 5 qualified or equivalent HR qualification and a solid working knowledge of English employment law.
- At least a couple of years’ experience of working at HR advisor level with a track record of success and achievement.
- Experience of managing straightforward HR issues such as misconduct, capability, absence management, flexible working requests etc. within a private sector professional environment.
- Strong IT and numeracy/data analysis skills and excellent written English skills.
- Articulate, well-spoken and bright with the credibility to influence a high-intellect workforce.
- Warm inner confidence and the ability to engage at all levels.
- Legal experience would be preferable, but if not you will need to have had HR Advisory experience in either professional services, financial services or a corporate head office function.
As an HR Professional, we’ll expect you to provide a well-crafted CV and covering letter by way of application for this exciting role offering the opportunity to add value and develop.
Apply for this vacancy