We are looking for a fast-paced, high potential HR Coordinator who has the desire and capacity to grow and develop into a bigger role. We would also consider an operations person, i.e. a retail or hospitality manager/supervisor/team leader looking to move into a pure HR role.
You will be working with one of the companies contracted to help develop the site at Hinkley point and it’s anticipated that numbers of employees will grow significantly as the project progresses. With this in mind we are looking for someone who’s seeking and has the capacity for quick progression.
Reporting to the remote based, fast paced, pragmatic Senior HR Business Partner, this is a broad HR generalist support role, covering all HR services. It is based 4 days a week on site and 1 day remote.
- Assist with recruitment, arrange interviews, co-ordinate new on-boarding and inductions. On-boarding is complex, so attention to detail is needed.
- Be the first point of contact for all HR and ER related queries
- Process weekly starters and leavers and administer HR-related documentation, maintain Employee files.
- Ensure the relevant HR & Payroll system is maintained accurately.
- Action all sickness records, reporting any ‘long-term’ absences to the relevant HR team member.
- Arrange and assist with note taking of disciplinaries.
- Support in social impact and outreach programs
- Work with Training Department, coordinate training and liaise with Apprentices and apprentice providers.
- We are looking for either an HR or Business Studies Graduate (with HR Modules) who has good theoretical HR knowledge and some solid administration office experience. It would also suit someone with significant HR administration experience within a large, fast paced, growing private sector company looking for career progression.
- Alternatively it would also suit an Operations Manager/supervisor/Team Leader with HR knowledge and good attention to detail looking for a role in HR.
- Computer literate and be able to create reports and spreadsheets and work with HR systems
- Excellent communication skills to deal with staff and external clients
- A basic understanding of Employee Relations and current employment legislation.
- Able to demonstrate having met demanding targets and deadlines
- Be proactive and able to work using your own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail and good communication skills.
- Happy to work 4 days on site at Hinkley with one day remote. Transport is provided to site from various main locations in Somerset.
This is a great opportunity to grow and develop as this project grows and develops.
Apply for this vacancy