Interim HR & Payroll Assistant (Part-Time)
Due to an exciting period of growth for this global manufacturing business, we are looking to recruit a HR and Payroll Assistant – on a part time basis (20-25 hours/week) for a fixed term contract of 12 months, to start as soon as possible. Supporting the HR Manager and HR Advisor the Interim HR & Payroll Administrator will be responsible for and have ownership of;
Examples of what this role has ownership for:
- Co-ordinate employee starter and leaver process.
- Initiate and support recruitment activities, using recruitment agencies as required and provide support to local managers on the use of the automated hiring system. Prepare and issue offer packages.
- Update sickness records and monitor on a monthly basis and advise when triggers are reached for absence review meetings, produce absence warning letters. Complete income protection employer forms where necessary and process income protection payments through payroll.
- Act as the go to person for the time and attendance system.
- Conduct induction programmes for new starters as required and ensure the relevant documentation is processed correctly and in line with local and global procedures.
- Act as the first point of contact for all day to day queries and adhoc requests via telephone, email and face-to-face, both internally and externally, e.g. reference requests, health insurance claims etc.
- Note taking at meetings and production of typed notes.
- Maintain and update HR records and employee files to ensure accurate records are kept at all times and filing in order.
- Participate in internal and external audits of the HR function as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement administration projects e.g. organisation of shared drives
- Process Monthly Payroll for all staff.
- Strong attention to detail
- Very proactive
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Able to handle heavy workloads, prioritise own work and deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Demonstrate self-initiative and ability to work independently
- Team player
- Experience of communicating at all levels within the organisation
- A high level of tact and diplomacy is essential
- A flexible approach, able to cope with a constantly changing environment and priorities
A Level or equivalent standard of education (degree desirable)
Part qualified CIPD desirable although not essential
Strong experience in an administrative environment including relevant and in-depth experience in an HR Administrative role
Experience of HRIS systems and internet/intranet
PC skills particularly Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel
A good knowledge of payroll
Apply for this vacancy