Interim Learning & Development Advisor
We are looking for an experienced Learning & Development Advisor or someone who has developed or trained people as part of their operational role who’s looking to move into a ‘pure development role’. You will be joining a recently established and growing public sector organisation based in Bristol, which is responsible for some exciting projects across the South West. Initially the role is a 4 month interim contract, however, there is potential for this to be extended and possibly become permanent. With this in mind we are looking for someone with potential to step up into a more senior L&D Partner/Manager position in the future.
Reporting to the outgoing, experienced and engaging Learning & OD Partner, this is an exciting and ultimately satisfying role with plenty of opportunity to add value. This is a hybrid role working 2 days a week in the central Bristol offices and 2 or 3 days remote. They will consider someone working 4 or 5 days a week.
The L&D Advisor will work closely with the Learning & OD Partner alongside the senior leadership team to diagnose learning needs which build capability, scoping, designing and delivering relevant, adding value learning solutions.This is a very fast paced and rapidly growing environment with a highly educated, degree qualified workforce and so offers an ambitious driven Learning and Development professional great opportunities to make a difference.
- Provide support to the L&OD Partner in the development, planning and delivery of performance and development initiatives, programs and complex L&D projects.
- Keep the L&D Policy and its supporting processes and documentation under regular review.
- Act as systems lead for the Learning Management System, set up regular reports and ensure these are scheduled.
- Provide training, advice and support to the HR team and across the organisation on the use and management of the LMS.
- Develop and create a standard for L&D KPI reporting for the Leadership Team and provide monthly updates.
- Design in house training programs and where required, to deliver and present training programs.
- Support the L&OD Partner with the research of L&D opportunities, including obtaining details and costings for external specialist training providers as required.
- Act as the Apprenticeship Co-ordinator for existing staff and, with the L&OD partner to work with the Resourcing team on the development of an apprenticeship program and make best use of the levy.
- Work closely with the L&OD Partner on a number of exciting L&D projects such as improving leadership capability, EDI projects, and improving project management skills across all levels.
- Able to demonstrate the internal consulting and coaching skills to work with stakeholders and the relationship management skills to partner external providers as well as internal clients.
- A Graduate with a good record of academic achievement, project management skills and gravitas.
- You will have a knowledge of a range of development styles and will have developed the skill to facilitate small groups and stakeholder discussions.You will be collaborative in style.
- Must be credible with the gravitas to positively influence within a driven, high intellect environment.
- Some of the learning delivery is via external vendors so the ability to partner with them will be vital to achieving successful outcomes.
- This role would suit someone who can demonstrate a record of achievement in and a passion for behavioural development who would relish access to senior stakeholders and has the credibility and aptitude to form influential relationships.
- We are looking for someone who is solutions oriented, with a high energy positive ‘can-do’ attitude, who can evidence going beyond their remit.
This is an exciting hybrid opportunity to work with and learn from a highly experienced and engaging line manager on a number of adding value learning & development projects in a positive growing organisation with significant investment.
Apply for this vacancy