Interim People Operations Director
We’re looking for a transformational Interim People Director, who can build and implement a People Plan which fully supports the business objectives of a growing, creative organisation based in Bath and the US. This fixed term contract of one year is to review the current People Team structure, assess policies and processes, review the HR Information System and all aspects of reward to assess whether fit for purpose and make recommendations for improvement.
You will work closely with the Head of functions to ensure that all the People Services have a commonality of purpose with regards to talent acquisition, talent development, retention and engagement of a high calibre, motivated workforce.
We’re looking for the Interim Director to define what they need the People Function to deliver and the resource needed to do so.
Key Priorities and challenges
- Create HR operational best practice from automating processes, designing policies and delivering system solutions that enable the organisation to be more efficient.
- Assess the current HR service offering and create processes and structure that better supports the business goals without creating unnecessary bureaucracy which stifles the culture and agility of the organisation
- Assess the current structure and competencies of the People Team and make recommendations for improvement.
- Review the remuneration and benefits structure to ensure it attracts, motivates and retains top talent.
- Assess the HR Information System, identify where it’s not being used effectively, make recommendations for improvement and implement those changes.
- Ensure all HR systems and processes are strategically aligned with business objectives.
- Align processes and HR services between the UK and US to ensure a transparency and consistency of service.
- A strong HR Generalist background with evidence of having achieved significant success working at board level, designing and embedding strategic change in a fast paced, private sector organisation.
- Degree and MCIPD or FCIPD qualified.
- Real personal impact and great relationship building skills, with the capability and energy to innovate, drive change, and make decisions.
- Proven experience of leading or supporting the implementation of a new HR system.
- Significant experience and understanding of HR practices and processes and how an effective HRIS best supports these practices.
- Strong commercial acumen and highly developed analytical skills to investigate, design and implement effective HR solutions.
- Experience of working in and developing effective people/HR functions in the US would be advantageous.
- Happy to travel both within the UK and the US and be very visible to all staff.
- PLC remuneration experience a plus, along with experience of having worked in a highly educated, creative organisation where people love what they do.