Trainee LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT ADVISOR – hospitality
We are looking for a proactive Trainee L&D Advisor to deliver and evaluate effective training and development programs for a fast paced, multi-site hospitality business with its head office based in London and Bristol and locations across the UK and Europe.
This will suit a graduate who has significant operational experience in the hospitality industry and who’s looking to move into a training and development role within the HR team.
Reporting the inspiring L&D Manager, you would be joining a hugely busy, fast paced and fun talent team. This role may also suit an operational person who has trained hospitality/customer facing staff and managers as part of their operational day to day activities looking to move into a more L&D focused role. The role is home based, but will require regular UK and European travel to deliver training.
- To support the L&D manager in the design, delivery and evaluation of all training activities for the multi-site customer facing locations.
- To deliver behavioural & technical training for the induction of new starters re: their on-boarding, sales, customer services, IT/Systems training, product and management training.
- To manage end of project & post training evaluation for all activities
- Undertake research and source existing online training and learning material
- Actively promote and drive footfall towards the e-learning platform
- Foster a blended approach to learning/ training – from webinars, to e-modules, to articles to classroom-based learning
- To manage & maintain accurate performance review documentation.
Personal Qualities and Skills required:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the credibility to engage people in new ways of working.
- Degree educated with some experience of hospitality or significant operational experience in hospitality and the delivery of training sessions.
- Creativity in identifying training needs and designing innovative approaches / materials to gain delegate ‘buy in’ and deliver the unique brand.
- The ability to organise, prioritise and deliver work within ‘tight’ time frame.
- Technically savvy and able to train non technical people in the use of customer service systems.
- A passion for working as part of a busy, enthusiastic and energetic L&D team.
- We will look at graduates looking for their first L&D focused role if they’ve had a number of years in hospitality and have trained people as part of their role.
This role would offer a confident, engaging individual with a passion for training the opportunity for a truly wide, full cycle, generalist L&D role from design to delivery.
Apply for this vacancy