Learning & Development Specialist
We are seeking a Learning and Development Manager to join our client to lead and deliver learning and development strategies. As part of the HR Leadership team you will have a dual role in supporting the People plan delivering the learning and development strategy whilst leading your own team.
This role can be based remotely with a couple of visits to the Bristol office each month or hybrid with a mix of days in Bristol and home working. There will be a requirement for you to travel across the UK to deliver training.
Overview of the role
- Accountable for developing and delivering the L&D strategy that compliments the People plan and Company’s mission and vision
- Manage the People Development team
- Own and delivering Apprenticeship Programmes (Evolving Talent)
- Manage the planning and roll-out of L&D programmes, events and materials to support operational and functional objectives, inclusive of induction programmes, across all departments.
- Develop an effective infrastructure for L&D initiatives and activities that promotes best practice, consistency and efficiency in needs analysis, design and evaluation of learning and engagement interventions.
- Oversee the design, delivery and evaluation of L&D initiatives, to ensure they meet operational and strategic objectives, are focused on the transfer of learning while providing an outstanding learning experience for participants, and demonstrate value for money.
- Work collaboratively with the wider HR function to understand the drivers of effective organisational performance and implement L&D initiatives to support high performance and succession
- Plan and deliver training courses personally to compliment those provided externally or internally by others.
- Monitor and report on activities, costs, performance, etc, as required.
- Develop succession planning to anticipate future requirements, work with the HR team and managers to identify and act upon development gaps, coaching and mentoring managers on personal development plans, in conjunction with the HR Team
- Own the LMS (CIPHR)
- Design, lead and deliver management development programmes and encourage a talent pipeline continually feeding internal promotion opportunities
- Substantial experience in developing organisational L&D strategies, development programmes, initiatives and interventions both operational and transformational
- Proven line management experience, ideally leading a function, with overall responsibility for delivery
- Experience of stakeholder management across different management levels and a consulting mindset
- A professional qualification in learning and development
- A professional qualification within coaching
- Experience of using a range of psychometric instruments for development purposes (Insights Discovery is preferrable)
- Proven expertise in effective training needs analysis and LMS
- Demonstrable expertise in the design, delivery, and evaluation of learning interventions.
- A proven track record in coaching and advanced presentation training skills
- The ability to role model the organisation’s values and behaviours
This role will suit someone who has a passion for Learning and Development who is innovative, great influencer and can add value quickly.
Apply for this vacancy