Part Time HR Manager
This is a newly created Part-Time HR Manager role for our central London client based just of Oxford Street, a Tech start-up company set up by a board with considerable successes in previous ventures. The role is created following a change in structure of a previous sister company and a wish to develop and grow the business in a more innovative, leading edge direction. As the first HR colleague in this new company there will be huge scope to add value and make a difference in a business with c. 30 staff… at the moment ……with extensive growth ambitions.
With the current numbers the role is part time c. 22.5 hours a week which could be 3 full days or 5 shorter days, but flexible to suit the person coming in.
You’ll be an innovative individual with a passion for recruitment, who can create a superb employer brand to attract, recruit and retain the very best talent and then manage and nurture those talented employees’ HR needs. This role is very much about giving people the HR and learning tools to be the best they can be.
The role will have a recruitment and development focus rather than an employee relations focus, although a strong understanding of employment law will be necessary for day to day ER issues. Candidates with a passion for talent acquisition and development especially in an IT tech/ sales environment would be ideal.
In addition, as the only person (initially) in HR you will need to be able to not only design, develop and implement an inspiring people strategy for a high intellect, IT technical and sales focused workforce but also be happy to roll up your sleeves and get on with the more operational aspects of HR.
- Significant experience in all aspects of HR including: employee relations, employment law, recruitment, coaching & L&D and reward preferably within a fast moving, small, private sector organisation.
- Happy for the role to have a recruitment focus as the company quickly grows and must have experience of and a passion for recruiting IT staff and developers.
- HR function start up experience would be ideal but not a pre-requisite.
- Passionate about creating a positive employee experience that people want to join and stay with the organisation.
- Supportive, motivating, enthusiastic, with a strong desire to help people be the very best they can be.
- Experience of and a passion for working with Developers and IT specialists, understand what makes them tick and how to motivate and engage.
- Confident in your understanding of current employment law.
- Preferably degree educated and CIPD qualified or equivalent.
- A creative thinker who is solutions-focused with a passion for leading edge tech.
- Credible, able to influence, coach and develop people at all levels.
- Positive, high energy and inspiring so that people are engaged into new ways of working.
Only those with experience of and a passion for recruiting highly skilled IT tech staff and Developers need apply. You will also need HR function start up experience in a small company.
This would suit a commercially astute, warm HR Manager who wants to make a difference within a small organisation with a passion for inspiring, encouraging and creating innovative change.