Talent Acquisition Specialist
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a truly visionary Talent Acquisition Specialist to lead the strategic and operational talent and engagement agenda to support the growth of this organisation across Europe. The main remit of the role will be to create and implement an innovative and robust framework of talent and engagement methodologies for hiring and retaining the best talent in Europe.
Based from Bristol and with some travel, this brand new role will need to quickly become integral to the wider People Team. We are looking for someone who can develop and evolve the client’s employer brand through various promotional activities. As well as the exciting strategic piece, due to the size of the business this role will initially include hands-on sourcing, recruitment and selection.
- As the company is looking to grow the business through both acquisition and organically, experience of Business Integration is required to understand as the potential capability of people from acquired businesses and to integrate and engage the high potential employees.
- To Identify, develop, and sell a compelling EVP & employer brand to attract the ‘right’ candidates in different locations with the best cultural fit, capability and skills to suit that location.
- Develop and implement innovative and robust assessment, selection and on-boarding methodologies.
- Define what good people look like regarding behaviours, technical skill, knowledge and attitudes.
- To assess long term resourcing requirements to give sufficient lead time to hire.
- Create and implement talent management processes, including succession planning and talent review.
- Develop an approach to employee engagement and internal communications including systems & processes which creates a compelling case for leaders to develop engagement in their teams.
- Coach and develop the line managers in assessment and selection.
- Review internal data and trends as well as good people management practices both internally and externally
- HR or business degree or equivalent professional qualification or experience
- Previous experience of developing, implementing, establishing and delivering a robust, fit for purpose recruitment/talent and engagement agenda and function across a large part of a business (or full mid-sized business) within Europe
- Experience and knowledge in digital recruitment (systems, social media, on-boarding) and in-depth experience of best practice recruitment methods
- Technically proficient in digital marketing, recruitment and selection, recruitment systems, candidate attraction, succession, search/selection, advertising using e-commerce, building strong relationships internally and externally
- Proven capability to influence the senior management team to mobilise action and generate the internal support necessary to deliver the talent agenda
- Experience developing digital content for training
- Relevant languages (German and/or Spanish)
Globally the business currently has c.500 colleagues, you will play a key role in the continued growth of this company over the next 3-5 years. This role sits in the European business which will lead the way with this new operating model. The client is forming a team of people specialists and business partners to support the realisation of this commercial opportunity. In this role success will only be achieved by being able to undertake a mix of strategic and operational activity; they’re a lean team with a large and exciting task ahead, so it’s important that you’re happy to roll your sleeves up and help out. In this newly created team, it is key that you can demonstrate your value to the business as an enabler of growth.
Essentially you’ll partner with key stakeholders in the people team and the business through which you’ll deliver the talent and engagement agenda – the strength of these relationships is critical to their long term success.